Wow. To say “blink and you’ll miss it” is an understatement.
It’s been a bit over a year, and to say my life has changed would be an understatement – and all for the better! My last year in bullets:
- My divorce was finally finalized after nearly 2 years of back and forth with the X
- Got down to my lowest weight ever…within 1 pound of having 100 pounds lost!
- Met an amazing man, fell in love, got engaged…I’m getting married this month!
- Put on about 20 pounds of “happy weight”…which I’m finally starting to see come back down
- Changed my daughter’s day care, went through lots of up and downs with her (more on that later)
- X got married to the chick he left me for. Which is fine, we are at a good place now and strive to put our daughter first
- After our wedding (and honeymoon vacation – squee!!) we’ll start saving to buy a house together next year.
I mean, wow. This blog was created to be a daily log for me…of course I think the pressure of having a daily log just turned me off. Well, that plus like a month after I started it, my now ex-husband kinda walked out on me and my kid…and so any time I came back, for a long time after that, it was kind of painful. This blog has seen tiny snippets of pain, hope, more pain…long silences…and now, infinite joy! I really do want to work on filling in those gaps.
And the #1 reason it was created, of course, was to record the success of my losing weight! Somehow through this crazy storm, I DID manage to do that. And I want to keep it going…
Do I really think I have the time/dedication/passion to start this blog back up again? I don’t know. My next post might be another year from now…but let’s see what happens. 🙂
Today, life is good.